Due to an ever expanding client-base we have a great opportunity for an experienced geo-environmental specialist to join our team in the northwest.
We are looking for a pro-active, dynamic and professional individual who is seeking a new challenge and interested in taking responsibility for the geo-environmental area of the business or developing with a view to doing so in the future.
The ideal candidate will be well organized, committed and with a strong client focus, able to fulfill an active role in day-to-day project management and delivery of projects.
Sound technical knowledge of contaminated land will be essential, and awareness of geotechnical issues and/or coal mining risk assessment would also be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking desk studies, design and procurement of investigations, preparation of technical reports and supervise junior members of staff to ultimately ensure the successful completion of various schemes.
* Practical experience in geo-environmental assessments
* Demonstrable experience in producing Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 ground investigation reports, remediation strategies and verification reports.
* Capable of design, procurement and delivery of site investigations
* Good knowledge of the planning regime, contaminated land technical guidance and Part 2A legislation
* Experience with various site investigation techniques – borehole drilling, trial pitting, soakaway testing and associated in-situ testing
* Experience with appropriate environmental sampling and laboratory testing, as well as interpretation of results
* Able to prepare logs compliant to BS5930 and use of soil logging software
* Working knowledge of Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments packages (P20, CLEA) to determine risks to human health and controlled waters
* Knowledge and experience in selecting remediation techniques
* Able to undertake waste classification, schedule and interpret testing
* Demonstrable skills in writing well-structured, clear and concise technical reports, reviewing 3rd party information and interpreting findings in the context of current guidance and client’s requirements.
* Able to liaise with statutory regulators and maintain good working relationships at all levels of the business
* Hold a (preferably post-graduate) degree in a suitable discipline, such as: Engineering Geology, Environmental Engineering, Geology or Geography.
* Hold a CSCS card
* Have a flexible and positive approach towards site work
* Have full UK driving license
The business came into existence with the director's vision to make sound technical available for all clients and projects irrespective of size.
Having delivered significant projects throughout the construction and brownfield sectors for the largest of clients, we are passionate about providing the same level of expertise, whether for a single self-build or a 25-storey apartment building.
It's the right thing to do, and it's our contribution to solving the housing crisis.
Between 2016 and 2020 we delivered technical evidence forming the basis of the first ever class-action lawsuits in Australia for groundwater pollution (PFAS). Adeptus was appointed by Shine Lawyers, Brisbane, who ultimately secured out of court settlement to the value of $200 million for the people of Oakey.
While currently the majority of our domestic work is centered around development and construction, we are actively working to position Adeptus also as a leading supplier to the legal and conveyancing market. PFAS, in particular is set to become a significant concern for large property operators.
Naturally, to attract and retain the best people, we offer comprehensive benefits and a fist class working environment.
We have big ambitions but remain passionate about maintaining a relaxed informal workplace, having fun and sharing the rewards. Little to no hierarchy, flexible working and fully funded CPD are what we do.
The succesful candidate will live within commutable distance of our office at Birchwood Park, Warrington, WA3 6GA. A full UK driving licence is also required.
An experienced professional is required to step right into this role and tackle a diverse range of projects throughout the country.
However we also anticipate upcoming requirement for junior consultants and outstanding graduates.
Submit your CV here.